The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted by Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead.
Hi everyone and happy Sunday! As you can tell from the title of this week’s post. I had a lot going on. So..let’s just jump in. Where do I begin? Last Friday seems like the beginning of the crazy. Friday I had to leave work a bit early to make sure I didn’t miss my flight. Yes! I flew home to LA for the 4th of July weekend. Got to the airport really early cause there was zero traffic. Who knew? I had dinner at a restaurant in the terminal with a new book I brought with me. (Pic below). Got on the first of two flights and everything was good. Hour layover in Salt Lake and then on to the final flight. Landed in LA at 11 pm PST and waited forever for my parents to pick me up. Traffic at midnight in the LAX area is a hot mess! Finally, get to Mom and Dad’s (my car is parked in their garage) and it’s 1 am. I decided to just crash there for a few hours before driving home. Hours later, drive home and find that my frig had leaked water. Did I mention I was gone for two months? Overall, the place was fine. Cleaned the frig up, cleaned me up, and headed to book club meeting. (Forgot to take pics). We had a great time catching up since it was our first in-person meeting since lockdown over a year ago. Then raced home to host an online book club meeting. (Again no pics). As soon as that finished it was “get dress for dinner” with a friend. Jet lag and fatigue hit and I was knocked out right after dinner at 8 pm. Woke up the next day at 5 am for no reason at all. Cleaned and sorted some of the clothes in my closet until it was time to go to church. After church, I did my old habit of Starbuck and Target. Then off to Mom and Dad’s for dinner with the family (Pics? Nope). Headed home to pack and the next morning I was up at 5 am again to head to the airport. Monday was a day of travel only. I got back to my place in Cincinnati at 1 am Tuesday!!! A 3-hour layover in Denver turned into a 3-hour layover and 1 hour on the tarmac due to bad weather. So.. Tuesday. Workday that starts at 6:30 am (but I got there at 7 am) and non-stop paperwork. The rest of the week was paperwork, Zoom meetings, no workouts cause I’m tired, trying to get caught up on the book club to-do list, and omg! I am flying (for me at least) through Neon Gods by Katee Robert. HOT! The storyline is a bit cheesy and it feels like 50 shades but yes still HOT! Well, I’m back in Cincinnatti and back to work.
CURRENTLY READING AND BOOK MAIL
First, I got a few books for my birthday. Neon Gods by Katee Roberts. As I mentioned earlier, I am reading this one and will be done shortly. Rumor has it there will be a Book #2. I also received A Glimmer of Death by Valerie Wilson Wesley. This one is a stand-alone. I think that will be the next physical book I dive into. I love to break up my reading with nice cozy mysteries every once in a while. Also in my birthday box was a hard copy of The Hidden Palace by Helene Wecker. I need to read Book #1 before I jump into that one. Thank you Jeff for the books and the awesome book light.
In my mail in LA, there was a copy of Dollface by Renee Rosen. This one came from Mocha Girl Read Sip and Swap party. It was so much fun and we got to swap books with each other. There was also an Advance Reader Copy of The Heart Remembers by Jan Philipp Sendker. Thank you so much Penguin Random House. I am going to get a copy of the first two in this trilogy so I can know all the tea before jumping into this one.
Downton Abby is one of those shows everyone on the planet watched but me. Now that the show is canceled and there are no new seasons on the horizon I thought it would be a good time to watch it. It’s like starting a book series when you know the series is finished so you won’t have to sit and wait for the next book to come out. Hate that so much. Especially if it takes years between books. I still haven’t finished Lupin because I don’t want to have to wait for eons for the next season.
Last Week on Mocha Girls Read blog
- SELF-CARE SUNDAY: DAILY SELF-CARE RITUALS THAT SOOTHE (Self-Care Sunday)
- NOMINATIONS ARE OPEN FOR AUGUST 2021 BOOK OF THE MONTH: MEMBER’S FAVORITE MAN (Book Club Nominations)
- BOOK TOUR TUESDAY: CATWALK BY NICOLE GABOR (Book Tour)
- HOW TO GET YOUR BLOG NOTICED (Paid Advertise Post)
- CHRISTMAS IN JULY GIVEAWAY HOP – 2 WINNERS (ENDS 7/23) (Giveaway)
- SILENT READING (TAKE SOME TIME OUT FOR YOURSELF) (Event)
On Our IG
Coming Up on Mocha Girls Read blog
- Voting for August Book of the Month (7/12)
- Book Tour Tuesday: Back Up Offer (7/13)
- Friday 5 On It: YA Books from Simon & Schuster (7/16)
- Sip Sip Hooray Giveaway (7/16)
4 Things Around the Bookish/Blog Universe
- If you are a cat lover, click here. Or if you want to see something outrageously amazing. Click here.
- I should have done this reading challenge but for the rest of you don’t forget to do the 2021 Mid-Year Audiobook Challenge Check-In at Caffeinated Reviewer. Next year, I am all on it!
- I found a (new to me) Book Tour company called TBR and Beyond. It’s funny how I found them too. I think you all can relate to this. First, I was at Caffeinated Reviewer looking at the Audiobook Challenge then moved to her Sunday Post from last week. I clicked on number 30 Megan at Bookstacks and Golden Moms. I see that she mentioned Kait Plus Books as a cute blog. So I just had to jump over there. On Kait’s blog she has a book tour going on for Josephine Against the Sea by Shakirah Bourne (Spotlight!) and I was like… what a beautiful cover. I see the tour company and signed up to be a host.
- I am late to the party but I just found out that Feed Your Fiction Addiction has a calendar of Blog and Bloggers bitrthdays. I love that!! Click here to see the calendar and to add your bday’s
- BOOK TOUR TUESDAY: CATWALK BY NICOLE GABOR
- CHRISTMAS IN JULY GIVEAWAY HOP – 2 WINNERS (ENDS 7/23)
- SPARKLE TIME GIVEAWAY HOP 8 WINNERS – (ENDS 7/15)
- JULY OF BOOKS GIVEAWAY HOP (ENDS 7/30)
Join in weekly, bi-weekly, or for a monthly wrap-up. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
CLICK HERE TO JOIN MOCHA GIRLS READ BOOK CLUB
Mocha Girl Alysia
Latest posts by Mocha Girl Alysia (see all)
- Book Tour Tuesday: Prowl by Cara Dee (The Game Series, #12) - March 21, 2023
- April 2023 Monthly Book Selection: God Speaks Through Wombs: Poems on God’s Unexpected Coming by Drew Jackson - March 20, 2023
- Book Tour Tuesday: Faking It With the Grump by Kate O’Keeffe (Second Chance Café, #1) - March 14, 2023