The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted by Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead.
This has been a good week as far as hitting a few goals. After moving to Cincinnati from Los Angeles for work, it has been hard to get back into my meal planning and workout routine. If you don’t know, I am 2 years into the weight loss/ healthy lifestyle change. Yep 2 years now! I started at 225 lbs and as of today, I am 156.5 lbs. I am not the best at maintaining my healthy eating habits ALL the time. And yes, I still love to eat dessert (ice cream) as often as I can. It has been a challenge, to say the least. I am happy I’m here and I am almost to the next phase of the journey which will be “maintenance”. I can’t wait!! Just 16.5 lbs to go!! So, last week I joined a gym in Covington, KY. and I have been to 4 boot camps so far. The feeling of getting back into a gym is amazing. It’s so nice to be around others working out. I never thought I would say that but… yes! I am loving it and look forward to it. Something I never thought would happen.
The Black Kids (hardcover) by Christina Hammonds Reed is my physical book that I read at lunchtime. This is Mocha Girls Read July 2021 Book of the Month.
Sassafrass, Cypress & Indigo by Ntozake Shange is my in-the-car audiobook. I got this one because it was free on Audible and I have been wanting to read it forever now.
So far I have watched 13 episodes and I am confused as to why they keep starting a situation/ conflict and when it is kinda, but not really solved, they move on. It’s weird. But I’m hooked on it until the end cause I want to see what the final answer to all of this turns out to be. I think I got it now but I just want to see if I’m right. LOL! Oh by the way, there will be no Season 3. Just got canceled!
Last week on Mocha Girls Read blog
- TED TALK TIME: CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF JOY (TED talk)
- JULY 2021 BOOK OF THE MONTH: THE BLACK KIDS BY CHRISTINA HAMMONDS REED (BOTM announcement)
- BOOK TOUR TUESDAY: STRICT CONFIDENCE BY SKYE WARREN (ROCHESTER TRILOGY #2) (Book Tour)
- SILENT READING (TAKE SOME TIME FOR YOURSELF) (Mocha Girls Read Event)
- DAD-O-MITE GIVEAWAY HOP – 5 WINNERS 2 BOOKS EACH (ENDS 6/30) (Giveaway)
- VIRTUAL JUNETEENTH EVENT: CELEBRATING OUR LIBERATION THROUGH BOOKS (Mocha Girls Read Event)
Coming Up on Mocha Girls Read blog
- BOOK TOUR TUESDAY: THE PERFECT MURDER BY KAT MARTIN (Book Tour)
- MOCHA GIRL MUSING: SPEED READING FOR THE REST OF US (Chit Chat Time)
New Books in my Mailbox
ARC of The Heron’s Cry: A Detective Matthew Venn Novel (The Two Rivers Series, 2 by Ann Cleeves. Thank you MacMillian Publishers. I need to read book 1 before I jump into this one.
Ebook A Feeling Like Home by Haleigh Wenger is a young adult contemporary romance with a focus on grief, chronic illness, and finding the strength within yourself to grow even when you are scared. And The Almost Queen by Alys Murry came as an E-book too from Silk and Sword Publishing.
Ebook Good Girls Don’t Make History a graphic novel from The Quarto Group. Thank you. Thank You! I have been looking forward to this one.
BOOK TOUR TUESDAY: REEL BY KENNEDY RYAN
BOOK TOUR TUESDAY: STRICT CONFIDENCE BY SKYE WARREN (ROCHESTER TRILOGY #2)
JUNE OF BOOKS GIVEAWAY HOP – 1 WINNER (ENDS 6/30)
DAD-O-MITE GIVEAWAY HOP – 5 WINNERS 2 BOOKS EACH (ENDS 6/30)
Join in weekly, bi-weekly, or for a monthly wrap-up. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
CLICK HERE TO JOIN MOCHA GIRLS READ BOOK CLUB
Mocha Girl Alysia
Latest posts by Mocha Girl Alysia (see all)
- Book Tour Tuesday: Prowl by Cara Dee (The Game Series, #12) - March 21, 2023
- April 2023 Monthly Book Selection: God Speaks Through Wombs: Poems on God’s Unexpected Coming by Drew Jackson - March 20, 2023
- Book Tour Tuesday: Faking It With the Grump by Kate O’Keeffe (Second Chance Café, #1) - March 14, 2023