The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted by Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead.
Yep! You read the title correctly. I am celebrating my 49th Birthday this week. Whoo! Whoot! This year I want to do a few things differently. First, I ordered two dozen cupcakes to come to the office just because I want cupcakes. I am going to take myself out to a nice fancy and expensive dinner after work. Yes. I still have to work since it falls on Wednesday this year but I am going to leave early. But back to the game plan. Fancy dress – check. Fancy dinner – check. Cupcakes – done! Now for presents… I am hosting here and now a giveaway for my bday and you get the gifts. 2 lucky winners will get a paperback copy of When Stars Rain Down by Angela Jackson-Brown.
To enter fill out the rafflecopter form below. US residents over 18 years old only. This giveaway will be open until 7/1/2021. The author has graciously donated for this giveaway. Thank you so much, Angela!
Currently reading The Black Kids by Christina Hammonds Reed, our July Book of the Month. I’m really enjoying it and I find myself reading it slowly so it won’t end so soon. I think I am averaging a chapter or two a day. Right now this is my at work lunchtime read.
I am also starting to listen to Soar! by T. D. Jakes. I have about 14 audiobooks I need to listen to but for some reason, I keep getting new ones from the library. So my mid-year resolution is to listen to one of the audiobooks I have each month. If I get to one then hopefully I won’t buy any new ones and let my credits build-up for a few months. Then I am going to lose my mind and buy a ton. Hopefully, there will be an outstanding 3 for 1 sale! Hint hint Audible.
Now that I have binged all of Manifest and I am not going to get to resolve any of the pieces of that part show, I have moved on to Lupin. I loved season 1 and now that season 2 is out I hope it’s just as amazing and wonderful as it started out. If you haven’t watched it, trust me it’s so worth it if you are a mystery show watcher. Lupin is a retelling of the classic French story about Arsène Lupin, the world-famous gentleman thief and master of disguise.
Last Week on Mocha Girls Read blog
- BOOK TOUR TUESDAY: THE PERFECT MURDER BY KAT MARTIN (MAXIMUM SECURITY, #4) (Book Tour)
- MOCHA GIRLS VIRTUAL GAME NIGHT (Event)
- AUTHOR TALK WITH NAIMA COSTER (JOIN US EVEN IF YOU HAVEN’T READ THE BOOK) (Event)
- SUNDAY POST: WEIGHT LOSS, GIVEAWAYS, AND MY READS (Weekly Review)
Coming Up on Mocha Girls Read blog
- BOOK TOUR TUESDAY: A Thousand Salt Kisses by Josie Demuth (Salt Kisses, #1) (6/29)
- JULY OF BOOKS GIVEAWAY HOP – 1 Winner (6/1)
- SPARKLE TIME GIVEAWAY HOP (6/1)
Around the Bookish/Blog Universe
- Prayers and tons of resources for the families of the Florida condo collapse.
- Check out the ALA Conference Line up this year. WOW! I joined the Library Marketplace this year and it was full of great vendors. I will post my new books next Sunday.
- This is an older blog post from Studio Mommy (she designed our beautiful blog) but I like to jump to it once in a while…20 Blog Post Ideas For Inspiration.
- If you have a sweet tooth like I do and you love IG, check out this post on Travel Noire. I gained a pound just by reading the post.
- BOOK TOUR TUESDAY: REEL BY KENNEDY RYAN
- BOOK TOUR TUESDAY: THE PERFECT MURDER BY KAT MARTIN (MAXIMUM SECURITY, #4)
- JUNE OF BOOKS GIVEAWAY HOP – 1 WINNER (ENDS 6/30)
- DAD-O-MITE GIVEAWAY HOP – 5 WINNERS 2 BOOKS EACH (ENDS 6/30)
Enter My BDay Giveaway here:
Join in weekly, bi-weekly, or for a monthly wrap-up. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
CLICK HERE TO JOIN MOCHA GIRLS READ BOOK CLUB
Mocha Girl Alysia
Latest posts by Mocha Girl Alysia (see all)
- April 2023 Monthly Book Selection: God Speaks Through Wombs: Poems on God’s Unexpected Coming by Drew Jackson - March 20, 2023
- Book Tour Tuesday: Faking It With the Grump by Kate O’Keeffe (Second Chance Café, #1) - March 14, 2023
- Voting is Open for April 2023 Monthly Book Selection: Male Poets - March 13, 2023