New worlds open up to me when I make time to open a book. Reading reduces stress because it shifts my focus from the challenges in front of me.
I enjoy being able to take a break from my reality. That is possible when I find an interesting novel to read. Sometimes both fiction and non-fiction are equally engrossing. All that matters is that I am transported to someone else’s reality.
Taking my mind off my life to read cookbooks inspires me to prepare tasty and nutritious meals. That is a welcome activity when I feel stressed out by work.
Hearing how meaningful food is in the lives of chefs connects me to their human side. It is fascinating to dive into another person’s reality. I learn lessons about adding value to my own life when I see how it benefits theirs.
I enjoy reading comedies. Getting a regular dose of laughter keeps my spirit uplifted. I am heartened by the quick wit of talented authors.
When I see writers generate power from their skills, I am inspired to believe in my own. I know that I have strengths that make me capable of winning in life. The things that overwhelm me now are powerless over my grit and determination.
Whenever I am unable to get the listening ear of a confidante, I turn to reading autobiographies for reassurance. True stories of hope speak to me indirectly.
Today, I have what I require to elevate above the things that stress me. I am thankful for the wonderful examples of self-belief and strength that are portrayed in books. They serve as part of my support when I am feeling overwhelmed.
- Which self-help resources are useful for help with relationship building?
- How often do I find myself looking outward for stress relief?
- How easy is it to hone my own abilities to overcome stressful situations?
Latest posts by Mocha Girl Alysia (see all)
- Book Tour Tuesday: Homecoming Chaosby D.W. Brooks - December 5, 2023
- Nominations are Open – January 2024: Grown Folks Dystopia - December 4, 2023
- Book Tour Tuesday: Once Upon a Charming Bookshop by Heatherly Bell (Charming, Texas, #6) - November 28, 2023