It’s 4:45am here in Los Angeles and I have my book Love in the Time of Cholera sitting next to me along with my fuzzy gray blanket here on the sofa. For the next 24 hours it’s all about the Read A Thon!!! This year I will create a new post every 4 hours (hopefully) and update them as I go along. Want to join in on the fun, go to http://24hourreadathon.com/ and see what its all about. They are giving away prizes and have some great mini-challenges.
**Disclaimer! If my writing gets to be a little crazy, sorry but I haven’t had my green tea yet!**
Hour 1: Here we go! Let me know in the comments section if you are join us today and answer the first hour question.
hosted by: Dewey’s Read A Thon
Introductory Questionnaire1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? Hour 2: Mini-Challenge Reading in Translation (go to readingthroughlife.ca to enter) hosted by: Reading Through Life
- If you could read any book that’s been translated into English in its ORIGINAL language, what would it be?
- Include the original book’s cover if possible; if you want, also post the English cover for comparison.
- Optional imaginary bonus points: post a sentence from the book in its original language.
Hour 3: Read-a-Thon Mini-Challenge: Book Puzzle
hosted by: One Librarian’s Book Review
For this challenge, you will be creating a Book Puzzle. Essentially, this is a series of pictures, graphics, or photos that you put together that will describe a book title. I have been doing a biweekly game called Name That Book where I create book puzzles and let people guess the titles.
Here is my book puzzle. Quite easy one! So far I am still reading and now snacking. One banana, one cup of jasmine green tea with honey (working on) and water. I have a daily goal of drinking 1 gallon of water. Yesterday was the only day I missed in my first week. Needless to say, more bathroom time! LOL!
hosted by: Reflections of a Bookaholic
“I would rather read than ________ any day!”
That is sooo true. Could you help someone you love kill themselves? Nope not me!
To participate, all you have to do is sign the linky on the Read A Thon home page. If you have a blog, use that link, if not, use a link to your Facebook, Twitter, or other social networking site. The Read-A-Thon starts at 5am Pacific Daylight Time/8am Eastern Daylight Time (which is 12pm GMT). Please use these times as a reference to determine your start time in your time zone. Participation is open to everyone, worldwide!