NOVEMBER NOMINATIONS ARE OPEN
Every single month we nominate books based on the theme of the month to help promote diversity in our yearly reading. Yep, we are Mocha Girls and diverse reading is what we do.
We read EVERYTHING!
The theme for November’s book nominations will be…
NATIVE AMERICAN AUTHORS
To nominate a book it must:
- Not be a book we have read before. Check our library to make sure.
- Be in both physical and e-book form.
- Be a series starter. If you are nominating a book that is in a series then only Book #1 is eligible.
Nominations are from 10/7/2019 until 10/13/2019
For selecting our book of the month Mocha Girls Read uses a democratic system for monthly selections. What do I need to do? In the comments section below, tell us what you want to read next (author and title please). How many books can I nominate? Just pick 1 title off your TBR (to be read) list. Then what? We will put the list of nominations up for everyone to vote on. Once the voting is over, the winner will be selected as the book of the month. What if there is a tie? We will put the two books to a head to head competition. The two books will be re-posted and everyone will be able to vote again but only in a 48-hour window of time. When do the nominations start and end? The nominations start today and will close on October 13, 2019, at 10:00 pm. Voting will start the next day.
Let us know what you want to read next in the comment section below.
If you need some suggestions for a book to nominate look below. Click the book covers to read or buy the books on Amazon. (You would be helping out the book club when you do.)
Mocha Girl Rincey gives her thoughts about 4 books by Native American Authors
Latest posts by Mocha Girl Alysia (see all)
- October 2023 Sponsored Monthly Selection: The Cat That Played Chess by Catarrina Cummings - September 12, 2023
- Book Tour Tuesday: Ragtown by Kelly Stone Gamble - September 12, 2023
- Remembering September 11 in Books - September 11, 2023