NOVEMBER 2020 NOMINATIONS ARE OPEN
Every single month we nominate books based on the theme of the month to help promote diversity in our yearly reading. Yep, we are Mocha Girls and diverse reading is what we do.
We read EVERYTHING!
The theme for November’s book nominations will be…
YA by a Native American Author
To nominate a book it must:
- Not be a book we have read before. Check our library to make sure.
- Be in both physical and e-book form.
- Be a series starter. If you are nominating a book that is in a series then only Book #1 is eligible.
Nominations are from 10/5/2020 until 10/11/2020
For selecting our book of the month Mocha Girls Read uses a democratic system for monthly selections. What do I need to do? In the comments section below, tell us what you want to read next (author and title please). How many books can I nominate? Just pick 1 title off your TBR (to be read) list. Then what? We will put the list of nominations up for everyone to vote on. Once the voting is over, the winner will be selected as the book of the month. What if there is a tie? We will put the two books to a head to head competition. The two books will be re-posted and everyone will be able to vote again but only in a 48-hour window of time. When do the nominations start and end? The nominations start today and will close on October 11, 2020, at 10:00 pm. Voting will start the next day.
Let us know what you want to read next in the comment section below.
If you need some suggestions for a book to nominate look below. Click the book covers to read or buy the books on Amazon. (You would be helping out the book club when you do.)
Here is a list of more books compiled by Mocha Girl Tiffani.
Latest posts by Mocha Girl Alysia (see all)
- Nomination Time for March 2023 Monthly Book Selection: Luck of the Irish - February 6, 2023
- February 2023 Monthly Book Selection: Before I Let Go by Kennedy Ryan - January 23, 2023
- Book Tour Tuesday: The Year of Cecily by Lisa Lin (From Sunset Park, With Love, #1) - January 17, 2023