Here are 9 gift ideas for the bibliophile in your life:
- Please buy every book lover you know a LED bookmark from Aluratek. You will thank me later because it allows them to read in the dark with optimal light so you can sleep ? . And for the people on the plane who use the overhead light to read, you need this too!
2. Get the book lover in your life a book themed candle from Frostbeard Studio. These candles are sure to brighten up their day with some nostalgic smells.
3. Everyone doesn’t have the free time to read. Gift the busy book lover in your life an audiobook subscription from Audible.
4. Book lovers love merch that showcase their book love. I could not leave the Well Read Black Girl festival without purchasing this shirt from Epic Reads. They have this design and more over on Headline Shirts! Put a t-shirt on your Christmas list.
5. A book sleeve protects a book lover’s most precious cargo. It’s easier to travel with books because you can just throw them in a bag/purse without damaging pages or the cover. These beautiful book sleeves are from IG book blogger @readermonica.
6. The book lover in your life probably has a wishlist of books they want. Or a favorite bookstore. Either way, grab them a book or a bookstore gift card. My local bookstore is Loyalty Books which just opened a Silver Spring, MD location and is black woman owned.
7. Paintings are such a beautiful thing. When paintings and books collide, something magnificent is born. A book lover in your life would love a work of art like this from @missdoodlelou.
8. Experiences > things. Good experiences leave lasting memories that forever spark joy. Get the book lover in your like a ticket to a book festival. The biggest one I know of is Bookcon. But there are several throughout the country going on all through the year.
9. A physical book subscription is perfect for anyone in your life, especially a book lover. Book of the Month chooses 5 new books every month for their subscribers to pick from. Newly released, award winning, and trending books are what you can expect to see.
If you read this before December 19, 2019, hurry on over to my Instagram because I am giving away one of these items everyday.
Latest posts by Temika Cage (see all)
- Mocha Girl Temika’s Gift Guide For Readers - December 11, 2019
- Mocha Girl Temika’s Thoughts on Escaping Exodus by Nicky Drayden - October 16, 2019
- Mocha Girl Temika’s Thoughts on Diamond Doris by Doris Payne - September 18, 2019