While we are all becoming acclimated to life indoors, most people are still struggling with the idea that we have to be positive and find things to do. You want to be positive and productive in your efforts to curb your lockdown boredom! It’s so important that you look out for yourself and do what you can to relax, and that means figuring out how to get rid of the boredom while you’re stuck inside.
Below, we’ve put together some of the things that you can do to make your lockdown as bearable as possible. This means getting proactive about it all and trying to be as positive as possible. Let’s take a look at how you can make lockdown work for you!
- Most people are choosing to use this time to work out and get fit, and you can do the very same! It’s important that you do what you can inside as the gym isn’t accessible right now, so why not check out some challenges for exercise on YouTube and really dig deep to do better with your health? There are plenty of streams out there that can help you to get your body to its best.
- Tapping into your TV and finding the best VPN for the shows you’re missing around the globe is a great way to spend some time. While you may not feel productive sitting around and watching TV, you can actually get a lot out of it for your mental health. You can really enjoy the fact that you can stop feeling bored and catch up on the shows you want to see.
- Get together with your friends and get involved with a virtual pub quiz. You can order in (to each house) and enjoy good food, good giggles, and a quiz night that everyone can enjoy.
- Online gaming is a great way to curb the lockdown boredom. It’s not just Playstation gaming online or Nintendo, but Chess, Cards Against Humanity, and even Pictionary! The list really does go on and it’s a great way to avoid talking about why we’re all in lockdown.
- Get yourself into the kitchen and start experimenting with new recipes. If there is ever a time to batch cook and fill up the freezers with meals you can really enjoy. Bake and enjoy cookies, cakes, and breads and experiment with new flavors for fun.
- Decluttering the house is likely not on your priority list, but if you want to be far less bored than you are right now, a declutter is a must. Dedicate your time to sorting your clothes and things in each room of the house. You can start listing things for sale on eBay and Facebook Marketplace, and you can really gut the house and get it cleared for a change.
- And of course, hit a few of the books on your actual bookshelf. You know that stack of books you bought and keep saying you’re going to get to one day.
It can be a struggle to find things to do in lockdown and now you have six things that you can do instead! Take the time to move down the list and repeat as needed.
Mocha Girl Alysia
Latest posts by Mocha Girl Alysia (see all)
- Book Tour Tuesday: Prowl by Cara Dee (The Game Series, #12) - March 21, 2023
- April 2023 Monthly Book Selection: God Speaks Through Wombs: Poems on God’s Unexpected Coming by Drew Jackson - March 20, 2023
- Book Tour Tuesday: Faking It With the Grump by Kate O’Keeffe (Second Chance Café, #1) - March 14, 2023