Since I still have a bit of time, I thought I would do a little weekly feature about it… yes, you guessed it. BOOKS!
This week we are going to feature books about 5 books on my shelf I hope to get to before the end of lockdown.
I am on day 37-ish now and around day 5 I took time to reorganize my bookshelf. I now have a section of books I have read, a graphic novel section (read all of them), a section of non-fiction (to be read) and fiction (to be read). Recently, I have been on this kick to NOT own/hoard books. Basically, I want them all to be read and live in good homes, and only books I plan to read (soon) should be in my place. So here are 5 out of the less than 30 books from my bookshelf I hope to read soon.
We are going to put 5 books on it.
5 Books on My Bookshelf I Need to Read (Soon)
Click the titles to read more about the books below and buy a copy for yourself.
- Champion by Marie Lu Why? I read book one a long time ago and I need to get into Book 2 real quick and then jump into this one. I remember liking Book 1 so I am looking forward to getting back to the series.
- Women Food and God by Geneen Roth Why? Has anyone ever bought you a book and you never picked it up. A friend loved this book so much she bought me a copy. I need to read it cause I like her taste in some books and I hate the feeling of not having picked it up in years.
- Bring on the Blessings by Beverly Jenkins Why? This was a book club Book of the Month a while back. I never finished it. So I want to get this off my DNF pile.
- Wrapped in Rainbows by Zora Neale Hurston Why? Same as above.
- A Christmas Journey Home by Kathi Macias Why? This was not a book club BOTM but it is on my DNF pile. See a theme here. If I read the last three books, I will have just one or two DNF books in my house. #LIFEGOAL!
What 5 books do you have on your bookshelf you need to get into before lockdown is lifted?
Latest posts by Mocha Girl Alysia (see all)
- Book Tour Tuesday: Once Upon a Charming Bookshop by Heatherly Bell (Charming, Texas, #6) - November 28, 2023
- Book Tour Tuesday: Rise Like a Phoenix by Tammy Lowe(The Acadian Secret, #3) - November 21, 2023
- December 2023 Monthly Book Selection: Verity by Colleen Hoover - November 20, 2023