This is the mega season of giveaways on so many websites and blogs. Kathy at I Am A Reader Not A Writer is hosting a giveaway almost every single week over the holidays. And we, Mocha Girls Read will be hosting a giveaway here every month. So I bet you are wondering is it safe to enter giveaways? Do people really win?
What can I win? As you can see from the giveaway buttons we had in the menu section there is a wide varied of things you can win. Gift Cards, books, and even Kindles! If you hit the mommy blogger sites their prizes are anything from toys, clothing, gift cards and jewelry.
What do I have to do? Most of the blogs require you to do one or two things to enter. They might want you to “Like” them on Facebook, “Follow” them on Twitter or subscribe to the site. Please read the instructions before you enter and complete everything so you won’t be disqualified. The information they collect is suppose to be for the giveaway only. But make sure by reading all the details.
So have you won anything? Oh I am soo glad you asked! As a matter of a fact I have. Here is my loot list.
1. Dewey’s 24 hour Read-A-Thon: $20.00 Amazon gift card from Fresh Ink Books
2. Dewey’s 24 hour Read-A-Thon: Copy of I Don’t Know How She Does It by Allison Pearson (now a movie starring Sarah Jessica Parker and Pierce Brosnan) and an Internet Journal for storing favorite web-sites, sign-in/password info, and more from Just One More Thing.
3. Goodreads.com: Bewitching (Kendra Chronicles, #1) by Alex Flinn (an Advanced Reader’s Copy)
4. Goodreads.com: Lethal Rhythm by Peter Kowey, Marion Fox (an Advanced Reader’s Copy)
5. Black Friday Giveaway: Kindle edition of Control Freak: Regina’s Story by Reena Jacobs from Reena Jacobs
6. Holiday Book Lover’s Giveaway: The Nine Lives of Christmas by Sheila Roberts, A Christmas Journey Home by Kathi Macias and an Advanced Reader’s Copy of The Legend of Santa Claus by Tim Slover from By The Book.
7. The Tears of Elois by Crista McHugh from Lynette’s Two Cents
Here is a list of prizes we have given so far and a few to come:
1. Sept. 2011: $25 Amazon Gift Card Winner Elizabeth
2. Oct. 2011: 2 Tickets to a Star Studded Red Carpet Event Winner April
3. Nov. 2011: E-Book This Time You Lose Winner Twana
4. Dec. 2011: $20.00 Amazon Gift Card Winner (This Could Be You)
5. Jan. 2012: Free copy of The Book of the Month Winner (This Could Be You)
6. Feb. 2012: Box of Books by Black Authors Winner (This Could Be You)
Check out the books Mocha Girl Jade from Sort of Beautiful has won ~I Won!~ and ~I won again~ What are a few of the items Mocha Girl Jade gave away this year? ~Prizes~
Mocha Girl Alexis from Reflections of a Bookaholic gave away a TON of stuff this year, she had to call it an extravaganza! Check out her list here ~Prizes~
Mocha Girl Kristi is always giving away Children Books on her site Kristi’s Book Nook and she reviews them for you, so you know what you are getting. At the top of her blog she always list the winners first.
Mocha Girl Ella also reviews, interviews and gives away Children Books for you to win on her site My MC Books. Almost daily there is a giveaway on her site and there is one right now.
Mocha Girl Lena is giving away a Kindle. Yes a real Kindle. See for yourself. You have 10 days left to enter this one.
So does that help! People really do win and these giveaways are real. Tomorrow we are opening the Gift Card giveaway and since it’s a hop there will be over 200 other blogs giving away gift cards too! I plan on entering every single one of them cause I love gift cards. Go to Kathy’s blog to see the other giveaways happening too.
Giveaway Blog Hop 101
Before you start, log into all your social network accounts. Facebook, Twitter, Google + It just makes it so much easier.
Start at a blog. It helps if you write the number down and then go from there or start at the top (number one).
Use only your first name and your email address. They will email you if you win. That is when you can give them your address.
Read all the rules and the restrictions.
Win! Win! Win!
What have you won this year from a giveaway? What are some of your favorite prizes you won this year? If you are hosting a giveaway, what are your prizes?