If you are interested in starting a chapter of Mocha Girls Read book club in your city, there are a few things you should know about us first.
- As of April 1, 2020, there will be a $100.00 (non-refundable) fee to start a new chapter. $50.00 of it to be paid 30 days before the chapter opens and the remaining balance to be paid before your 4th meeting. (Payment plans are always an option).
- You must know who we are and what we are about so take a minute to read our Mission Statement.
Mocha Girls Read Mission Statement
Mocha Girls Read mission is to enhance Black women’s personal reading experience by reading quality work written by a wide rage of authors on various topics and across all genres.
Mocha Girls Read will support literary events in person and online
Mocha Girls Read will provide an open forum for black women to exchange ideas and opinions by fellowshipping with other Black women who love to read in person and online. As well as networking with other book clubs, book bloggers, publishers and literary organizations
Mocha Girls Read will sponsor hosted online and in person events to expose black women to literature.
Mocha Girls Read will maintain a comprehensive website that will feature books, book bloggers and other book clubs.
3. Fill out this form below. (Don’t worry there is no payment for this part.)
We are excited to add bookish sisters to our circle and yes we would love to have you join us as well. Don’t worry about knowing enough ladies to make a book club because we handle getting the word out in your community. You just need to be ready to have more friends!
Latest posts by Mocha Girl Alysia (see all)
- Nomination Time for March 2023 Monthly Book Selection: Luck of the Irish - February 6, 2023
- February 2023 Monthly Book Selection: Before I Let Go by Kennedy Ryan - January 23, 2023
- Book Tour Tuesday: The Year of Cecily by Lisa Lin (From Sunset Park, With Love, #1) - January 17, 2023