Yes! There is such a thing. It seems like every month is something to Celebrate or Acknowledge. But this one is really real and is kind o close to our heart. National Reading Club Month from the Women’s National Book Association. So what does that mean. Well, thanks to the Women’s National Book Association, book clubs have their own month to celebrate great reading, lively discussions, and meet new readers.
The mission of National Reading Group Month is to:
- Increase public awareness of the joy and value of shared reading
- Provide a time for reading groups to celebrate their accomplishments and plan for the future
- Provide opportunities for individuals to join an existing reading group or start a new one
- Encourage libraries, bookstores, and organizations to host special reading group events
In celebration of National Reading Group Month this October, Harper Collins is offering 12 great e-books for your book club for just $2.99 each! Each e-book is available for purchase at this special low price for the month of October only and can be purchased for your iPad, Kindle or Nook or head over to IndieBound to buy from your favorite local bookseller via Google books!
Here are a few ways to improve your reading this month: Take a speed reading class. Join a book club (like ours). Take 30 minutes a day to read a book to yourself or your kids. Listen to a book using audio books. Read short articles online or in a magazine. Visit your local library (It’s a great place for reading inspiration.)
Mocha Girls take time to read and keep those pages turning!
♥Mocha Girl Alysia♥
Latest posts by Mocha Girl Alysia (see all)
- February 2023 Monthly Book Selection: Before I Let Go by Kennedy Ryan - January 23, 2023
- Book Tour Tuesday: The Year of Cecily by Lisa Lin (From Sunset Park, With Love, #1) - January 17, 2023
- Voting is Open for February 2023 Monthly Book Selection: Black Love - January 16, 2023