Hosted by BookHounds & I Am a Reader
This week is all about Banned Books. I bet you are wondering what is the big deal about Banned Books Week. Why should you care?
Banned Books Week is an annual event celebrating the freedom to read. Typically held during the last week of September, it highlights the value of free and open access to information. Banned Books Week brings together the entire book community –- librarians, booksellers, publishers, journalists, teachers, and readers of all types –- in shared support of the freedom to seek and to express ideas, even those some consider unorthodox or unpopular.
By focusing on efforts across the country to remove or restrict access to books, Banned Books Week draws national attention to the harms of censorship. Check out the frequently challenged books section to explore the issues and controversies around book challenges and book banning. The books featured during Banned Books Week have all been targeted with removal or restrictions in libraries and schools. While books have been and continue to be banned, part of the Banned Books Week celebration is the fact that, in a majority of cases, the books have remained available. This happens only thanks to the efforts of librarians, teachers, students, and community members who stand up and speak out for the freedom to read. – from American Library Associations
So for this giveaway we will be giving one winner a copy of any book listed on the Banned Book List (click here to see the list). The book value up to $20.00 USD.
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Must fill out the rafflecopter form below.
- Winner must pick one book from the list.
Latest posts by Mocha Girl Alysia (see all)
- Book Tour Tuesday: Once Upon a Charming Bookshop by Heatherly Bell (Charming, Texas, #6) - November 28, 2023
- Book Tour Tuesday: Rise Like a Phoenix by Tammy Lowe(The Acadian Secret, #3) - November 21, 2023
- December 2023 Monthly Book Selection: Verity by Colleen Hoover - November 20, 2023