Remembering pieces of a book you’ve read can be difficult when life interferes into our fairy tales with it’s demands. This month, I pledged investing into a book journal to assist in remembering some our beloved lines and catch phrases of this month book. How’d you do?
While reading, You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life, here are a few lines and quotes to refresh the memory:
Lines from the book
- Everyone screws up and you’re not special for doing it.
- You don’t have to hit rock bottom to make change. You can just decide.
- If you believe it, it is your truth. Your thoughts and beliefs dictate reality, so if you don’t like your reality, change these.
- To kick ass you have to lift your foot off the ground
- Respect yourself instead of catering to your need to be liked. Never apologize for being you. Own your ugly.
- Your friends really do have a major impact on your future, so ditch the Negative Nancy’s.
- We pay a lot of lip service to leaps of faith and following your dreams but to actually do it is deemed crazy.
- Sometimes it’s better to be happy than right (although I struggle with this one….).
- It’s okay to want money – lots of it. Oh, and don’t pretend not to want things because it’s greedy.
- The only failure is quitting. Everything else is just gathering information.
- Fear lives in the future. It hasn’t happened yet so why create the drama?
- Procrastination is the easiest form of self-sabotage – you’ll either find a way or an excuse.
“Most people are living an illusion based on someone else’s beliefs” (21)
“The people you surround yourself with are excellent mirrors for who you are and how much or how little you love yourself” (177)
“It’s about respecting yourself, instead of catering to your insecure need to be liked” (Sincero on being liked.)(182)
“We all know someone who does not take shit from anyone. Ever.” (182)
“By becoming aware of what we do, we can investigate why we do it and then chose to keep it or drop it, instead of blindly reacting through habit (182)
“So often, we pretend we’ve made a decision, when what we’ve really done is signed up to try until it gets too uncomfortable” (192)
“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm” (193)
“Nobody gets to the top of the mountain without falling on his face over and over again” (194)
“The only failure is quitting. Everything else is just gathering information” (195)
“In order to change your life and start living a new one that you’ve never lived before, your faith in miracles, and yourself, must be greater that your fear” (200)
“Instead of being in reaction mode, it’s about being in action mode. It’s about no longer acting like a victim (letting your circumstances control your life) and instead acting like a superhero. (Creating a life that has you waking up in giddy disbelief that you get to be you.)” (220)
“Your faith in The Universe must be stronger than your fear of not getting what you want” (225)
“Your life is your party. You get to choose how you invite people and experiences and things into it” (227)
“Surrendering is the free-falling backwards into the unknown and trusting that The Universe will catch you. And this cant be done from a place of lack or a place of mistrust” (229)