I am so looking forward to this. I love read-a-thons because they FORCE me to sit and spend the day reading. I don’t need to be forced but you know how life can interfer with a day off. All of sudden you have a few errands to run and next thing you know the day is over. So for me scheduling a read-a-thon in my month helps me to read and do nothing else. I have one more book to complete for my Goodreads 55 books in 2018 Reading Challenge so this is going to help knock that out.
So for the today I am planning the following.
- Host 2 giveaways.
- Finish one audiobook
- Finish one paperback
- Cheer on other readers via Website, Twitter, and Facebook using #BFRaT
1. The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn (paperback) I started this book a while ago and I am on page 75. I don’t think I am going to finish it but I would love to get to half at least today.
2. Pride by Ibi Zoboi (audiobook) Again I started this one a few days ago and I am like 5% of the way in, so I hope to complete this one.
During the read-a-thon there will be challenges hosted by the read-a-thon hostesses for you to enter and win bookish prizes.
5 a.m. CST Book Tag with Amber from Du Livre
1PM EST Word Scramble with Kat from Books and Sensiblity
1:30PM EST Dream Cast with Kat from Books and Sensiblity
9PM PST Book Cover Puzzle with Alysia from Mocha Girls Read
11 PM PST Wrap it Up with Alysia from Mocha Girls Read
Follow all the hostesses so you can stay in the know.
Books and Sensibility
Mocha Girls Read
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MochaGirlsRead/ (group)
Don’t forget, there is still time to sign up for Black Friday Readathon! It’s a lowkey readathon hosted by DuLivre, yours truly Mocha Girls Read, and Books and Sensibility.
Sign-ups are open until 12 p.m. CST on Friday, November 23. Go to DuLivre site to sign yourself up.
Latest posts by Mocha Girl Alysia (see all)
- Book Tour Tuesday: Homecoming Chaosby D.W. Brooks - December 5, 2023
- Nominations are Open – January 2024: Grown Folks Dystopia - December 4, 2023
- Book Tour Tuesday: Once Upon a Charming Bookshop by Heatherly Bell (Charming, Texas, #6) - November 28, 2023